Jump to Main Content
- Gao, Peng, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular biology reports 2014 v.41 no.1 pp. 497-504
- Escherichia coli; Streptomyces lividans; catalytic activity; genes; industrial applications; molecular weight; pH; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; temperature; thermal stability; tricarboxylic acid cycle
- ... Fumarase is a key enzyme that catalyzes the reversible hydration of fumarate to L-malate in the tricarboxylic acid cycle. This reaction has been extensively utilized for industrial applications in producing L-malate. In this study, a fumarase C gene from Streptomyces lividans TK54 (slFumC) was cloned and expressed as a fused protein (SlFumC) in Escherichia coli. The molecular mass of SlFumC was ab ...
- Gao, Peng, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular biology reports 2011 v.38 no.2 pp. 1375-1382
- amino acids; genes; messenger RNA; mitogen-activated protein kinase; phosphorylation; signal transduction; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... The transcription factor AP-1 plays an important role in cellular proliferation, transformation and death. In this study, we report a novel human gene, AC3-33 (GenBank name: c3orf33, FLJ31139), which encodes a secretory protein that can inhibit Elk1 transcriptional activity via ERK1/2 pathway. The AC3-33 mRNA encodes a protein of 251 amino acids, which is a classical secretory protein. Functional ...