Jump to Main Content
- Skurat, Eugene V.; Butenko, Konstantin O.; Kondakova, Olga A.; Nikitin, Nikolai A.; Karpova, Olga V.; Drygin, Yuri F.; Atabekov, Joseph G.
- Molecular biotechnology 2017 v.59 no.11-12 pp. 469-481
- Potato leafroll virus; RNA; Tobacco mosaic virus; antibodies; coat proteins; codons; complementary DNA; genes; genetic engineering; intergenic DNA; viral antigens; virion; viruses
- ... Large quantities of potato leafroll virus (PLRV) antigen are difficult to obtain because this virus accumulates in plants at a low titer. To overcome this problem, we constructed a binary vector containing chimeric cDNA, in which the coat protein (CP) gene of the crucifer infecting tobacco mosaic virus (crTMV) was substituted for the coat protein gene of PLRV. The PLRV movement protein (MP) gene, ...
- Guleria, Praveen; Kumar, Vineet; Guleria, Shiwani
- Molecular biotechnology 2017 v.59 no.11-12 pp. 499-517
- adulthood; brain; crops; death; developing countries; fruits; genetic engineering; grains; infants; legumes; longevity; nutrient content; nutritive value; protein energy malnutrition; stress tolerance; transgenic plants
- ... Protein–energy malnutrition (PEM) has adversely affected the generations of developing countries. It is a syndrome that in severity causes death. PEM generally affects infants of 1–5 age group. This manifestation is maintained till adulthood in the form of poor brain and body development. The developing nations are continuously making an effort to curb PEM. However, it is still a prime concern as ...