Jump to Main Content
- Antoniou, Georgia; Papakyriacou, Irineos; Papaneophytou, Christos
- Molecular biotechnology 2017 v.59 no.9-10 pp. 407-424
- recombinant fusion proteins, etc ; Human rhinovirus; buffers; glutathione transferase; glycerol; protein synthesis; proteinases; response surface methodology; temperature; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Human rhinovirus (HRV) 3C protease is widely used in recombinant protein production for various applications such as biochemical characterization and structural biology projects to separate recombinant fusion proteins from their affinity tags in order to prevent interference between these tags and the target proteins. Herein, we report the optimization of expression and purification conditions of ...
- Govea-Alonso, Dania O.; Tello-Olea, Marlene A.; Beltrán-López, Josué; Monreal-Escalante, Elizabeth; Salazar-Gonzalez, Jorge A.; Bañuelos-Hernández, Bernardo; Rosales-Mendoza, Sergio
- Molecular biotechnology 2017 v.59 no.11-12 pp. 482-489
- recombinant fusion proteins, etc ; Daucus carota; atherosclerosis; blood serum; callus; carrots; cell lines; cholera toxin; cholesteryl ester transfer protein; edible vaccines; epitopes; genetically modified plants; hosts; humoral immunity; immunization; immunoglobulin G; mice; prototypes; tobacco; vaccine development; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Atherosclerosis is a pathology leading to cardiovascular diseases with high epidemiologic impact; thus, new therapies are required to fight this global health issue. Immunotherapy is a feasible approach to treat atherosclerosis and given that genetically engineered plants are attractive hosts for vaccine development; we previously proved that the plant cell is able to synthesize a chimeric protein ...