Jump to Main Content
- Barucca, A.; Capitani, M.; Cesca, M.; Tomassoni, D.; Kazmi, U.; Concetti, F.; Vincenzetti, L.; Concetti, A.; Venanzi, F. M.
- Molecular biotechnology 2014 v.56 no.11 pp. 1032-1039
- antigens; clinical trials; cost effectiveness; immunization; melanoma; mice; molecular weight; monoclonal antibodies; plasmids; polypeptides; recombinant DNA; recombinant vaccines
- ... Anti-idiotypic MK2-23 monoclonal antibody (anti-Id MK2-23 mAb), which mimics the high molecular weight melanoma-associated antigen (HMW-MAA), has been used to implement active immunotherapy against melanoma. However, due to safety and standardization issues, this approach never entered extensive clinical trials. In the present study, we investigated the usage of DNA vaccines as an alternative to M ...
- Singh, Preeti; Sarin, Neera Bhalla
- Molecular biotechnology 2014 v.56 no.11 pp. 971-978
- Escherichia coli; abiotic stress; affinity chromatography; aldehyde reductase; bioinformatics; circular dichroism spectroscopy; complementary DNA; crops; cytoplasm; genes; heavy metals; malondialdehyde; models; molecular weight; prediction; proteins; sodium chloride
- ... Aldose reductases are key enzymes in the detoxification of reactive aldehyde compounds like methylglyoxal (MG) and malondialdehyde. The present study describes for first time the preliminary biochemical and structural characterization of the aldose reductase (ALDRXV4) enzyme from the resurrection plant Xerophyta viscosa. The ALDRXV4 cDNA was expressed in E. coli using pET28a expression vector, and ...