Jump to Main Content
- Kantama, Laksana; Junbuathong, Supaporn; Sakulkoo, Janejira; de Jong, Hans; Apisitwanich, Somsak
- Molecular breeding 2013 v.31 no.4 pp. 815-827
- DNA methylation; amplified fragment length polymorphism; breeding; cultivars; epigenetics; gene expression regulation; genetic background; genetic distance; genetic relationships; genome; germplasm; hybrids; phenotype; phenotypic plasticity; rice; stochastic processes; transposons
- ... Inter- or intraspecific hybridization is the first step in transferring exogenous traits to the germplasm of a recipient crop. One of the complicating factors is the occurrence of epigenetic modifications of the hybrids, which in turn can change their gene expression and phenotype. In this study we present an analysis of epigenome changes in rice hybrids that were obtained by crossing rice cultiva ...
- Shirasawa, Sachiko; Kifuji, Yasuko; Komiya, Reina; Kitashiba, Hiroyasu; Nishimura, Minoru; Nishio, Takeshi
- Molecular breeding 2013 v.31 no.4 pp. 805-814
- stop codon; gamma radiation; hybrids; rice; seeds; frameshift mutation; Oryza sativa; breeding; pollen; environmental factors; inbred lines; mutants; gene deletion; exons; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Stable genic male sterility (GMS), which is not influenced by environmental factors, has not been used for F₁ hybrid seed production because male-sterile inbred lines cannot be developed and male-sterile plants must be selected from segregating populations every time. However, the stability of male sterility may provide a reliable system for F₁ seed production without contamination of selfed seeds ...