Jump to Main Content
- Hur, Yeon Jae; Jeung, Ji-Ung; Kim, Sang Yeol; Park, Hyun-Soo; Cho, Jun-Hyun; Lee, Ji Yun; Sohn, Young-Bo; Song, You Chun; Park, Dong-Soo; Lee, Choon-Woo; Sohn, Jae Geun; Nam, Min-Hee; Lee, Jong Hee
- Molecular breeding 2013 v.31 no.4 pp. 981-985
- Oryza sativa; Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae; blight; genes; genotyping; marker-assisted selection; molecular cloning; phenotype; rice; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Bacterial blight (BB) of rice (Oryza sativa L.) caused by Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae (Xoo) is a destructive disease in rice worldwide. Xa3, a gene conferring resistance to BB at the booting stage of the rice plant, has been characterized previously using map-based cloning. We cloned and sequenced the Xa3/xa3 gene in the Korean cultivars Hwayeong, Ilmi, and Goun and conferred resistance or susce ...
- Bae, Mi-Jung; Kim, Young-Saeng; Kim, Il-Sup; Choe, Yong-Hoe; Lee, Eun-Jin; Kim, Yul-Ho; Park, Hyang-Mi; Yoon, Ho-Sung
- Molecular breeding 2013 v.31 no.4 pp. 931-945
- metabolism; germination; glutathione; rice; gene overexpression; glutamate-cysteine ligase; reactive oxygen species; Brassica juncea; genes; grain yield; oxidation; abiotic stress; glutathione synthase; paraquat; paddies; stress tolerance
- ... Glutathione (GSH), a low-molecular-weight tripeptide molecule that plays an important role in cell function and metabolism as an antioxidant, is synthesized by γ-glutamylcysteine synthetase and glutathione synthetase. To investigate the functional role of GSH in the adaptation of plants to abiotic stresses, we developed Brassica juncea L. ECS (BrECS)-expressing transgenic rice plants (BrECS1 and B ...