Jump to Main Content
- Biswal, Akshaya Kumar; Kohli, Ajay
- Molecular breeding 2013 v.31 no.4 pp. 749-766
- drought; drought tolerance; filling period; foods; germplasm conservation; grain crops; grain yield; leaves; rice; screening; wheat
- ... Selection for drought-tolerant cereal varieties has successfully moved to screening for grain yield under stress. Grain yield is the culmination of the process of grain filling, which in turn is closely linked to flag leaf functionalities. For grain filling to occur under drought, either a relatively uncompromised or a favorably reprogrammed functioning of the flag leaf is required. However, knowl ...
- Bae, Mi-Jung; Kim, Young-Saeng; Kim, Il-Sup; Choe, Yong-Hoe; Lee, Eun-Jin; Kim, Yul-Ho; Park, Hyang-Mi; Yoon, Ho-Sung
- Molecular breeding 2013 v.31 no.4 pp. 931-945
- metabolism; germination; glutathione; rice; gene overexpression; glutamate-cysteine ligase; reactive oxygen species; Brassica juncea; genes; grain yield; oxidation; abiotic stress; glutathione synthase; paraquat; paddies; stress tolerance
- ... Glutathione (GSH), a low-molecular-weight tripeptide molecule that plays an important role in cell function and metabolism as an antioxidant, is synthesized by γ-glutamylcysteine synthetase and glutathione synthetase. To investigate the functional role of GSH in the adaptation of plants to abiotic stresses, we developed Brassica juncea L. ECS (BrECS)-expressing transgenic rice plants (BrECS1 and B ...