Jump to Main Content
- Möllers, Christian, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2007 v.19 no.3 pp. 285-289
- Brassica napus; DNA; DNA primers; agronomic traits; aseptic conditions; cotyledons; doubled haploids; early selection; fatty acid composition; fatty acids; genetic markers; greenhouse production; homozygosity; in vitro culture; marker-assisted selection; oils; pH; plantlets; polymerase chain reaction; transgenes
- ... In oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.) breeding, microspore culture is frequently applied for the immediate regeneration of homozygous doubled haploid (DH) plants. From the regenerated microspore-derived embryos (MDEs), usually only a smaller subset of around 200 are used for plantlet regeneration and cultivation in the greenhouse until seed harvest, without there being any knowledge about their qual ...
- Möllers, Christian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2009 v.23 no.1 pp. 125-138
- Brassica napus; DNA primers; Limnanthes douglasii; alleles; cultivars; erucic acid; haploidy; loci; polymerase chain reaction; polyunsaturated fatty acids; rapeseed; rapeseed oil; regression analysis; single nucleotide polymorphism; transgenes
- ... Erucic acid (22:1) is a valuable renewable resource for the oleochemical industry. Currently available high erucic acid rapeseed cultivars contain only about 50% erucic acid in the seed oil. A substantial increase of the erucic acid content of the rapeseed oil could increase market prospects. The transgenic line TNKAT, over expressing the rapeseed fatty acid elongase gene (fae1) and expressing the ...