Jump to Main Content
- Kianian, Shahryar F., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2016 v.36 no.8 pp. 112
- alleles; breeding; breeding lines; cadmium; chromosome mapping; cultivars; durum wheat; heavy metals; loci; phenotype; phenotypic variation; quantitative trait loci; seeds; single nucleotide polymorphism; North Dakota
- ... Durum wheat has the tendency of accumulating more cadmium (Cd), a biotoxic heavy metal, in seeds than other commonly grown cereals, thus posing a serious food safety/public health concern. This could have serious negative impact on the national pasta industry and the international export market of durum wheat. The phenotyping for selecting low Cd lines is expensive and time consuming. The use of m ...
- Kianian, Shahryar F., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2007 v.19 no.2 pp. 113-124
- Fusarium head blight; Triticum aestivum; chromosome mapping; cultivars; durum wheat; genetic distance; loci; marker-assisted selection; microsatellite repeats; molecular cloning; quantitative trait loci; tetraploidy
- ... Fusarium head blight (FHB) is a devastating disease of cultivated wheat worldwide. Partial resistance to FHB has been identified in common wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). However, sources of effective FHB resistance have not been found in durum wheat (T. turgidum L. var. durum). A major FHB resistance quantitative trait loci (QTL), Qfhs.ndsu-3AS, was identified on chromosome 3A of T. dicoccoides, a ...