Jump to Main Content
- Kato, Hiroshi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2019 v.39 no.3 pp. 36
- DNA; Oryza sativa; abscission; crops; cultivars; gamma radiation; genes; genomics; harvesting; irradiation; loci; microRNA; mutants; parents; pedicel; plant breeding; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; rice; seed shattering; seeds; sequence analysis; wheat
- ... Seed shattering is an important trait related to the efficiency of harvesting seeds in crops. Although several genes have been identified to control seed shattering in rice (Oryza sativa L.), the genetic architecture underlying extensive variation of seed shattering is yet unclear. ‘Oonari’, a moderate-shattering indica rice cultivar, was developed from a mutant obtained through gamma-ray irradiat ...
- Kato, Hiroshi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2011 v.27 no.3 pp. 357-373
- avirulent strains; backcrossing; chromosomes; genes; genetic background; genetic markers; introgression; rice; surveys; Philippines
- ... Twenty-seven near-isogenic lines (NILs) with the genetic background of a blast-susceptible variety, CO 39, were developed by repeated backcrossing as a first set of a large number of differential varieties (DVs) with Indica-type genetic background. The NILs included 14 resistance genes--Pish, Pib, Piz-5, Piz-t, Pi5(t), Pik-s, Pik, Pik-h, Pik-m, Pik-p, Pi1, Pi7(t), Pita, and Pita-2--derived from 26 ...