Jump to Main Content
- Viola, Roberto, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2014 v.34 no.2 pp. 511-524
- apples; breeding; computer software; crops; cultivars; data collection; genetic variation; genomics; microsatellite repeats; parentage; pedigree; plant collections
- ... The increasing availability of genomic tools improves our ability to investigate the patterns of genetic diversity and relatedness among individuals. The pedigrees of many apple cultivars are completely unknown, often reducing the efficiency of breeding programs. Using a multilocus simple sequence repeat dataset, we applied a novel multi-generation pedigree-network reconstruction procedure based o ...
- Viola, Roberto, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2013 v.31 no.2 pp. 429-440
- Malus; apples; breeding; cultivars; disease control; fruit quality; fruit yield; genes; loci; microsatellite repeats; pest control; physical properties; pruning; shoots; trees
- ... A better understanding of the genetic control of tree architecture would potentially allow improved tailoring of newly bred apple cultivars in terms of field management aspects, such as planting density, pruning, pest control and disease protection. It would also have an indirect impact on yield and fruit quality. The Columnar (Co) locus strongly suppresses lateral branch elongation and is the mos ...