Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Ying-Chou, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular cell 2017 v.68 no.1 pp. 247-257.e5
- Parkinson disease; RNA; cell death; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; gene regulatory networks; genes; humans; models; neurons; phenotype; screening; toxicity; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; yeasts
- ... The genome-wide perturbation of transcriptional networks with CRISPR-Cas technology has primarily involved systematic and targeted gene modulation. Here, we developed PRISM (Perturbing Regulatory Interactions by Synthetic Modulators), a screening platform that uses randomized CRISPR-Cas transcription factors (crisprTFs) to globally perturb transcriptional networks. By applying PRISM to a yeast mod ...
- PubMed Central:
- Chen, Ying-Han, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular cell 2017 v.66 no.5 pp. 635-647.e7
- cell viability; cytokines; genes; immune response; immunotherapy; inflammation; interferon-gamma; melanoma; models; pathogens; phenotypic plasticity; phosphatidylserines; surveys; transcription (genetics)
- ... Immune cells constantly survey the host for pathogens or tumors and secrete cytokines to alert surrounding cells of these threats. In vivo, activated immune cells secrete cytokines for several hours, yet an acute immune reaction occurs over days. Given these divergent timescales, we addressed how cytokine-responsive cells translate brief cytokine exposure into phenotypic changes that persist over ...