Jump to Main Content
- BRYAN, M.B.; ZALINSKI, D.; FILCEK, K.B.; LIBANTS, S.; LI, W.; SCRIBNER, K.T.
- Molecular ecology 2005 v.14 no.12 pp. 3757-3773
- Petromyzon marinus; analytical methods; coasts; community structure; ecosystems; fish; freshwater; genetic variation; genotype; habitats; lakes; microsatellite repeats; models; population structure; Europe; Lake Erie; Lake Ontario; Michigan; North Sea; Saint Lawrence River
- ... Invasions by exotic organisms have had devastating affects on aquatic ecosystems, both ecologically and economically. One striking example of a successful invader that has dramatically affected fish community structure in freshwater lakes of North America is the sea lamprey (Petromyzon marinus). We used eight microsatellite loci and multiple analytical techniques to examine competing hypotheses co ...
- BURG, THERESA M.; GASTON, ANTHONY J.; WINKER, KEVIN; FRIESEN, VICKI L.
- Molecular ecology 2005 v.14 no.12 pp. 3745-3755
- alleles; genetic techniques and protocols; genetic variation; indigenous species; islands; microsatellite repeats; population structure; refuge habitats; Alaska
- ... Post-Pleistocene avian colonization of deglaciated North America occurred from multiple refugia, including a coastal refugium in the northwest. The location of a Pacific Coastal refugium is controversial; however, multiple lines of evidence suggest that it was located near the Queen Charlotte Islands (also known as Haida Gwaii). The Queen Charlotte Islands contain a disproportionately large number ...