Jump to Main Content
- SUNG, WAY, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Molecular ecology resources 2010 v.10 no.4 pp. 666-676
- Nematoda; animals; biodiversity; community structure; emulsions; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; loci; polymerase chain reaction
- ... Although nematodes are the most abundant metazoan animals on Earth, their diversity is largely unknown. To overcome limitations of traditional approaches (labour, time, and cost) for assessing biodiversity of nematode species in environmental samples, we have previously examined the suitability of high-throughput sequencing for assessing species level diversity with a set of control experiments em ...
- SUNG, WAY, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Molecular ecology resources 2009 v.9 no.6 pp. 1439-1450
- Nematoda; ecosystems; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; loci; metagenomics; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; species diversity
- ... Nematodes play an important role in ecosystem processes, yet the relevance of nematode species diversity to ecology is unknown. Because nematode identification of all individuals at the species level using standard techniques is difficult and time-consuming, nematode communities are not resolved down to the species level, leaving ecological analysis ambiguous. We assessed the suitability of massiv ...