Jump to Main Content
- Koyama, Yasuji, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Molecular genetics and genomics 2012 v.287 no.2 pp. 177-187
- Aspergillus oryzae; DNA; benomyl; chromosomes; comparative genomic hybridization; diploidy; flow cytometry; genes; haploidy; mutants; polymerase chain reaction; protoplast fusion; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis
- ... Our goal in this work was to develop a method to minimize the chromosomes of Aspergillus oryzae, to arrive at a deeper understanding of essential gene functions that will help create more efficient industrially useful strains. In a previous study, we successfully constructed a highly reduced chromosome 7 using multiple large-scale chromosomal deletions (Jin et al. in Mol Genet Genomics 283:1–12, 2 ...
- Koyama, Yasuji, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Molecular genetics and genomics 2010 v.283 no.1 pp. 1-12
- Aspergillus oryzae; chromosomes; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; hyphae; metabolism; microarray technology; mutants
- ... We aim to create an Aspergillus oryzae mutant with a highly reduced chromosome, but better growth, by eliminating the nonessential regions coding various dispensable functions for its better industrial use. In our previous study, we successfully determined the outline of essential and nonessential regions by constructing a series of large chromosomal deletions in A. oryzae chromosome 7. Based on t ...