Jump to Main Content
- Konecka, Edyta; Olszanowski, Ziemowit
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2019 v.131 pp. 64-71
- Arsenophonus; Flavobacterium; Rickettsia; Sarcoptiformes; Spiroplasma; Wolbachia; bacteria; mites; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA
- ... The understanding of the biology of arthropods requires an understanding of their bacterial associates. We determined the distribution of bacteria Wolbachia sp., Rickettsia sp., Cardinium sp., Spiroplasma sp., Arsenophonus sp., Hamiltonella sp., and Flavobacterium in oribatid mites (Acari: Oribatida). We identified Cardinium sp. in Achipteria coleoptrata. This is the first report of this bacterium ...
- Margos, Gabriele; Becker, Noémie S.; Fingerle, Volker; Sing, Andreas; Ramos, Jaime Albino; Carvalho, Isabel Lopes de; Norte, Ana Claudia
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2019 v.131 pp. 93-98
- Borrelia burgdorferi; Borrelia garinii; Borrelia turdi; Lyme disease; bacteria; birds; chromosomes; disease vectors; essential genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; hosts; humans; multilocus sequence typing; phylogeny; plasmids; rodents; ticks; Asia; Portugal
- ... Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato comprises a species complex of tick-transmitted bacteria that includes the agents of human Lyme borreliosis. Borrelia turdi is a genospecies of this complex that exists in cryptic transmission cycles mainly between ornithophilic tick vectors and their avian hosts. The species has been originally discovered in avian transmission cycles in Asia but has increasingly be ...