Jump to Main Content
- Bruyns, P.V.; Hanáček, P.; Klak, C.
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2019 v.131 pp. 35-47
- polyploidy, etc ; Aizoaceae; Crassula; chloroplasts; chromosome number; ecosystems; flora; flowers; leaves; monophyly; perennials; trichomes; Southern Africa; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The Crassulaceae is an important family in the Greater Cape Floristic Region of southern Africa and is the seventh largest family in the arid Succulent Karoo Biome. After the Aizoaceae it is the largest group of leaf-succulents in southern Africa.This is the first investigation of a broad selection (68%) of the ±170 species of Crassula. We used data from three chloroplast and two nuclear gene-regi ...
- Sramkó, Gábor; Laczkó, Levente; Volkova, Polina A.; Bateman, Richard M.; Mlinarec, Jelena
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2019 v.135 pp. 45-61
- polyploidy, etc ; Bayesian theory; Pulsatilla; climate; cultivars; flowers; fluorescence; fluorescence in situ hybridization; global cooling; grasslands; horticulture; introns; leaves; monophyly; ribosomal DNA; statistical analysis; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Pulsatilla (Anemoneae, Ranunculaceae) is sister to Anemone s.s. and contains ca 40 perennial species of considerable horticultural and medical importance. We sequenced 31 of those species, plus nine subspecies, two cultivars and six outgroups, for two nuclear regions (high-copy nrITS and low-copy MLH1) and three plastid regions (rbcL, accD–psaI, trnL intron) in order to generate the first comprehe ...