Jump to Main Content
- Weinell, Jeffrey L.; Brown, Rafe M.
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2018 v.119 pp. 144-150
- Colubridae; DNA; Elapidae; biodiversity; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; snakes; Philippines
- ... The extraordinarily rich land vertebrate biodiversity of the Philippines includes at least 112 species of terrestrial snakes (74% of which are endemic to the archipelago) in 41 genera (12% endemic). Endemic Philippine snake genera include Cyclocorus (two species), Hemibungarus (three species), Hologerrhum (two species), Oxyrhabdium (two species), and Myersophis (monotypic). Although Hemibungarus a ...
- Valderrama, Eugenio; Richardson, James E.; Kidner, Catherine A.; Madriñán, Santiago; Stone, Graham N.
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2018 v.119 pp. 13-24
- Renealmia (Zingiberaceae); biodiversity; genes; herbaria; internal transcribed spacers; introns; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; transcription (genetics); transcriptomics; tropical plants
- ... The reconstruction of relationships within species-rich groups that have recently evolved in biodiversity hotspots is hampered by a lack of phylogenetically informative markers. It is also made difficult by the lack of sampling necessary to reconstruct a species-level phylogeny. We use transcriptome mining to search for markers to reconstruct a phylogeny of the amphi-Atlantic genus Renealmia L. f. ...