Jump to Main Content
- da Cruz, Marcos de O.R.; Weksler, Marcelo
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2018 v.119 pp. 1-12
- Oligoryzomys; algorithms; cryptic species; cytochrome b; cytochrome-c oxidase; introns; models; phylogeny; population size; species identification
- ... The use of genetic data and tree-based algorithms to delimit evolutionary lineages is becoming an important practice in taxonomic identification, especially in morphologically cryptic groups. The effects of different phylogenetic and/or coalescent models in the analyses of species delimitation, however, are not clear. In this paper, we assess the impact of different evolutionary priors in phylogen ...
- Valderrama, Eugenio; Richardson, James E.; Kidner, Catherine A.; Madriñán, Santiago; Stone, Graham N.
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2018 v.119 pp. 13-24
- Renealmia (Zingiberaceae); biodiversity; genes; herbaria; internal transcribed spacers; introns; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; transcription (genetics); transcriptomics; tropical plants
- ... The reconstruction of relationships within species-rich groups that have recently evolved in biodiversity hotspots is hampered by a lack of phylogenetically informative markers. It is also made difficult by the lack of sampling necessary to reconstruct a species-level phylogeny. We use transcriptome mining to search for markers to reconstruct a phylogeny of the amphi-Atlantic genus Renealmia L. f. ...