Jump to Main Content
- Leavitt, Steven D.; Kraichak, Ekaphan; Vondrak, Jan; Nelsen, Matthew P.; Sohrabi, Mohammad; Perez-Ortega, Sergio; St Clair, Larry L.; Lumbsch, H. Thorsten
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2016 v.99 pp. 261-274
- Parmeliaceae; Trebouxia; ecological zones; ecosystems; lichens; microhabitats; models; species diversity; symbionts; symbiosis
- ... Identifying factors that influence species interactions is central to research in symbiotic systems. While lichens represent iconic models of symbiosis and play important roles in understanding the biology of symbiotic interactions, patterns of interactions in lichen symbionts and mechanisms governing these relationships are not well characterized. This is due, in part to the fact that current tax ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Larson, Thornton R.; Castro, Delilah; Behangana, Mathias; Greenbaum, Eli
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2016 v.99 pp. 168-181
- Anura; frogs; genes; global cooling; highlands; lentic systems; monophyly; new species; phylogeography; rivers; Burundi; Democratic Republic of the Congo; Southern Africa; Uganda
- ... The African river frog genus Amietia is found near rivers and other lentic water sources throughout central, eastern, and southern Africa. Because the genus includes multiple morphologically conservative species, taxonomic studies of river frogs have been relatively limited. We sampled 79 individuals of Amietia from multiple localities in and near the Albertine Rift (AR) of Burundi, Democratic Rep ...
- PubMed Central: