Jump to Main Content
- Silvestro, Daniele, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2017 v.107 pp. 152-165
- Cryptanthus; amplified fragment length polymorphism; arid lands; biogeography; caatinga; center of diversity; cerrado; ecosystems; flowers; forests; habitat destruction; hermaphroditism; males; monophyly; paraphyly; savannas; shrublands; synapomorphy; taxonomy; Brazil
- ... Cryptanthus comprises 72 species endemic to eastern Brazil with a center of diversity in the Atlantic Forest. The majority of the species are threatened due to habitat loss. We reconstructed phylogenetic relationships in Cryptanthus based on amplified fragment length polymorphisms (AFLP) including 48 species and 109 accessions. The Bayesian phylogenetic analysis revealed four major lineages in Cry ...
- Silvestro, Daniele, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2014 v.77 pp. 54-64
- Cryptanthus; corolla; dry environmental conditions; phylogeny; phytochrome; rain forests; Brazil
- ... The saxicolous genus Orthophytum (∼60 species, Bromeliaceae) is endemic to eastern Brazil and diversified in xeric habitats of the Atlantic Rainforest, Caatinga and campos rupestres. Within the genus, two main groups are discerned based on the presence or absence of a pedunculate inflorescence, which are further subdivided into several morphological subgroups. However, these systematic hypotheses ...