Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Fan; Kimberlin, Athen N.; Elowsky, Christian G.; Liu, Yunfeng; Gonzalez-Solis, Ariadna; Cahoon, Edgar B.; Alfano, James R.
- Molecular plant 2019 v.12 no.1 pp. 113-123
- Arabidopsis; Pseudomonas syringae; RNA interference; autophagy; biosynthesis; enzymes; flagellin; gene editing; gene overexpression; homeostasis; immune system; immunologic receptors; mutants; pathogens; sphingolipids
- ... Plants recycle non-activated immune receptors to maintain a functional immune system. The Arabidopsis immune receptor kinase FLAGELLIN-SENSING 2 (FLS2) recognizes bacterial flagellin. However, the molecular mechanisms by which non-activated FLS2 and other non-activated plant PRRs are recycled remain not well understood. Here, we provide evidence showing that Arabidopsis orosomucoid (ORM) proteins, ...
- Liu, Xiuying; Chai, Jingchao; Ou, Xiaomin; Li, Mei; Liu, Zhenfeng
- Molecular plant 2019 v.12 no.1 pp. 86-98
- D1 protein; Oryza sativa; active sites; cysteine; enzyme activity; enzymes; glutathione; hydrogen peroxide; photosystem II; proteins
- ... Photosystem II (PSII) core phosphatase (PBCP) selectively dephosphorylates PSII core proteins including D1, D2, CP43, and PsbH. PBCP function is required for efficient degradation of the D1 protein in the repair cycle of PSII, a supramolecular machinery highly susceptible to photodamage during oxygenic photosynthesis. Here we present structural and functional studies of PBCP from Oryza sativa (OsP ...