Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Feng; He, Shengbo; Zhang, Jingyi; Mao, Zhilei; Wang, Wenxiu; Li, Ting; Hua, Jie; Du, Shasha; Xu, Pengbo; Li, Ling; Lian, Hongli; Yang, Hong-Quan
- Molecular plant 2018 v.11 no.4 pp. 523-541
- Arabidopsis; cell growth; cryptochromes; hypocotyls; indole acetic acid; photoreceptors; phytochrome; receptors
- ... Light is a key environmental cue that inhibits hypocotyl cell elongation through the blue and red/far-red light photoreceptors cryptochrome- and phytochrome-mediated pathways in Arabidopsis. In contrast, as a pivotal endogenous phytohormone auxin promotes hypocotyl elongation through the auxin receptors TIR1/AFBs-mediated degradation of AUX/IAA proteins (AUX/IAAs). However, the molecular mechanism ...
- Li, Xin-Ran; Deb, Joyita; Kumar, S. Vinod; Østergaard, Lars
- Molecular plant 2018 v.11 no.4 pp. 598-606
- Arabidopsis thaliana; climate change; crop yield; crops; dehiscence; fruiting; models; nucleosomes; regulator genes; reproduction; seasonal variation; temperature
- ... Plants respond to diurnal and seasonal changes in temperature by reprogramming vital developmental pathways. Understanding the molecular mechanisms that define environmental modulation of plant growth and reproduction is critical in the context of climate change that threatens crop yield worldwide. Here, we report that elevated temperature accelerates fruit dehiscence in members of the Brassicacea ...