Jump to Main Content
- Bradshaw, Rosie E.; Guo, Yanan; Sim, Andre D.; Kabir, M. Shahjahan; Chettri, Pranav; Ozturk, Ibrahim K.; Hunziker, Lukas; Ganley, Rebecca J.; Cox, Murray P.
- Molecular plant pathology 2016 v.17 no.2 pp. 210-224
- Dothistroma; Pinus radiata; blight; data collection; epiphytes; fungi; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; metabolism; necrosis; oxidoreductases; pathogens; starch; time series analysis; transcriptomics; transporters
- ... We present genome‐wide gene expression patterns as a time series through the infection cycle of the fungal pine needle blight pathogen, Dothistroma septosporum, as it invades its gymnosperm host, Pinus radiata. We determined the molecular changes at three stages of the disease cycle: epiphytic/biotrophic (early), initial necrosis (mid) and mature sporulating lesion (late). Over 1.7 billion combine ...
- PubMed Central:
- Coleman, Jeffrey J.
- Molecular plant pathology 2016 v.17 no.2 pp. 146-158
- Fusarium solani; chlorosis; chromosomes; crop losses; crop rotation; crops; disease control; disease severity; fungi; genome; genomics; growth retardation; host plants; host range; host specificity; leaves; necrosis; pathogens; phylogeny; planting; risk reduction; root rot; virulence; wilting
- ... Members of the Fusarium solani species complex (FSSC) are capable of causing disease in many agriculturally important crops. The genomes of some of these fungi include supernumerary chromosomes that are dispensable and encode host‐specific virulence factors. In addition to genomics, this review summarizes the known molecular mechanisms utilized by members of the FSSC in establishing disease. TAXON ...