Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Nidhi; Swain, Swadhin; Singh, Anupriya; Nandi, Ashis Kumar
- Molecular plant-microbe interactions 2018 v.31 no.3 pp. 323-333
- Arabidopsis; biosynthesis; cDNA libraries; complementary DNA; genes; mitochondria; mutants; pathogens; plant hormones; plasma membrane; salicylic acid; screening; transactivators; transcription (genetics); virulence
- ... Plant hormone salicylic acid (SA) plays critical roles in defense signaling against biotrophic pathogens. Pathogen inoculation leads to SA accumulation in plants. SA activates a transactivator protein NPR1, which, in turn, transcriptionally activates many defense response genes. Reports also suggest the presence of NPR1-independent pathways for SA signaling in Arabidopsis. Here, we report the char ...
- Blanc, Catherine; Coluccia, Fania; L’Haridon, Floriane; Torres, Martha; Ortiz-Berrocal, Marlene; Stahl, Elia; Reymond, Philippe; Schreiber, Lukas; Nawrath, Christiane; Métraux, Jean-Pierre; Serrano, Mario
- Molecular plant-microbe interactions 2018 v.31 no.3 pp. 344-355
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Botrytis cinerea; Pseudomonas syringae; Spodoptera littoralis; biocenosis; cutin; epicuticular wax; fungi; gene expression; genes; innate immunity; models; mutants; pathogens; permeability; pests; phytophagous insects; transcription (genetics)
- ... We isolated previously several Arabidopsis thaliana mutants with constitutive expression of the early microbe-associated molecular pattern–induced gene ATL2, named eca (expresión constitutiva de ATL2). Here, we further explored the interaction of eca mutants with pest and pathogens. Of all eca mutants, eca2 was more resistant to a fungal pathogen (Botrytis cinerea) and a bacterial pathogen (Pseudo ...