Jump to Main Content
- Carputo, Domenico, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Molecular plant-microbe interactions 2009 v.22 no.3 pp. 362-368
- Solanum tuberosum; potatoes; disease resistance; phenotype; plant age; genetic resistance; messenger RNA; transcription (genetics); gene expression; Solanum bulbocastanum; transgenic plants
- ... Foliar late blight is one of the most important diseases of potato. Foliar blight resistance has been shown to change as a plant ages. In other pathosystems, resistance (R) gene transcript levels appear to be correlated to disease resistance. The cloning of the broad-spectrum, foliar blight resistance gene RB provided the opportunity to explore how foliar blight resistance and R-gene transcript le ...
- Carputo, Domenico, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular plant-microbe interactions 2009 v.22 no.4 pp. 437-446
- Solanum tuberosum; potatoes; Phytophthora infestans; plant pathogenic fungi; disease resistance; genetic resistance; transgenic plants; transgenes; host plants; field experimentation; promoter regions; genetic variation; cultivars; messenger RNA; gene silencing
- ... Late blight of potato ranks among the costliest of crop diseases worldwide. Host resistance offers the best means for controlling late blight, but previously deployed single resistance genes have been short-lived in their effectiveness. The foliar blight resistance gene RB, previously cloned from the wild potato Solanum bulbocastanum, has proven effective in greenhouse tests of transgenic cultivat ...