Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: marta?
- Vaughan, Martha M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular plant-microbe interactions 2019 v.32 no.4 pp. 379-391
- Fusarium graminearum; Fusarium head blight; abiotic stress; biochemical pathways; biomarkers; biomass; biotic stress; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; climate change; deoxynivalenol; pathogens; spring wheat
- ... Rising atmospheric CO₂ concentrations and associated climate changes are thought to have contributed to the steady increase of Fusarium head blight (FHB) on wheat. However, our understanding of precisely how elevated CO₂ influences the defense response of wheat against Fusarium graminearum remains limited. In this study, we evaluated the metabolic profiles of susceptible (Norm) and moderately resi ...
- Vaughan, Martha M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Molecular plant-microbe interactions 2019 v.32 no.7 pp. 888-898
- Fusarium graminearum; Fusarium head blight; Nicotiana benthamiana; arabinans; barley; cell death; cell walls; chloroplasts; crop yield; deoxynivalenol; disease susceptibility; fungi; glycosidases; green fluorescent protein; head blight; immunity; leaves; mutants; peptides; reactive oxygen species; virulence; wheat
- ... Fusarium head blight (FHB) of wheat and barley caused by the fungus Fusarium graminearum reduces crop yield and contaminates grain with mycotoxins. In this study, we investigated two exo-1,5-α-L-arabinanases (Arb93A and Arb93B) secreted by F. graminearum and their effect on wheat head blight development. Arabinan is an important component of plant cell walls but it was not known whether these arab ...