Jump to Main Content
- Martín, Pablo Rafael; Ovando, Ximena María Constanza; Seuffert, María Emilia
- Molluscan Research 2016 v.36 no.3 pp. 213-221
- Lymnaeidae; coasts; computer software; freshwater; habitats; models; risk; snails; watersheds; Argentina; Chile; Pacific Rim; Peru
- ... The freshwater snail Pseudosuccinea columella was recorded for the first time in Argentina more than 60 years ago. Since then its distribution in the wild has been restricted to the northeastern provinces. Here we record the presence of P. columella in southern Pampas for the first time, extending its distribution more than 500 km southwards. The climatic suitability of this and other areas of Sou ...
- Yang, Song; Ni, Lin-kang; Zhao, Liu-lan; Yang, Jin-wei; Liu, Qiao; Zhang, Jia-en; He, Zhi; Peng, Shuang
- Molluscan Research 2016 v.36 no.3 pp. 207-212
- Pomacea canaliculata; alkaline phosphatase; carbonate dehydratase; color; enzyme activity; invasive species; photographs; snails; survival rate
- ... This study investigated the repair process and enzymatic activity responses after induction of shell regeneration in Pomacea canaliculata. The survival rates, height of regenerated shell, and activities of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and carbonic anhydrase (CA) were investigated and recorded for 15 days. A triangular piece of shell about 8 mm wide was excised from the ventral region of the shell. O ...