Jump to Main Content
- Fang, Shu; Zhao, Yong-hua; Han, Lei; Yang, Jin; Ma, Chao-qun
- Mountain research and development 2018 v.38 no.1 pp. 73-84
- arid lands; arid zones; ecosystems; grasses; grasslands; land cover; landscapes; mountains; remote sensing; shrublands; shrubs; valleys; China
- ... Arid regions in valleys of southwestern China have steep topography and fragile ecosystems, making them a critical and challenging management issue in this region. A substantial amount of the research on these arid regions in valleys took place in the 1980s; less work has been done since the start of the 21st century. Knowledge of the boundaries of arid lands within these valleys can provide basic ...
- Wangchuk, Kesang; Wangdi, Jigme
- Mountain research and development 2018 v.38 no.1 pp. 45-52
- climatic factors; drought; ecosystems; elderly; floods; forage; global warming; herding; landslides; livelihood; meadows; milk production; predation; questionnaires; rain; snow; surveys; yaks; Bhutan
- ... A questionnaire survey was conducted to understand how a mountain ecosystem in northern Bhutan is perceived by local yak herders to be changing under climate warming. One hundred elderly herders were selected using a 2-stage sampling. The questionnaire sought information on herders' awareness and perceptions of weather patterns, climate changes, and their impact on vegetation, herding practices, a ...