Jump to Main Content
- Hao, Lu; Chen, Chen; Zhang, Rong; Zhu, Mingqi; Sun, Guangyu; Gleason, Mark L.
- Mycological progress 2013 v.12 no.3 pp. 489-495
- Humicola; Ochroconis; bananas; fungi; hosts; internal transcribed spacers; new combination; new species; ribosomal DNA; sequence analysis; China
- ... Sooty blotch and flyspeck is caused by a complex of epiphytic fungi on diverse hosts. A fungus morphologically similar to Scolecobasidium humicola was isolated from a banana fruit exhibiting SBFS signs in Hainan, China. ITS and LSU sequences of rDNA corroborated that it was a Scolecobasidium species. The results of LSU rDNA analysis support the interpretation that Ochroconis is synonymous with Sco ...
- Wei, Ji-Guang; Phan, Cong-Kien; Wang, Lin; Xu, Tong; Luo, Ji-Tong; Sun, Xiang; Guo, Liang-Dong
- Mycological progress 2013 v.12 no.3 pp. 563-568
- Pestalotiopsis; Podocarpus macrophyllus; endophytes; hosts; internal transcribed spacers; new species; pathogens; phylogeny; China
- ... Pestalotiopsis is a common and important plant-associated pathogen and endophyte with wide geographical and host distribution. In an investigation of endophytic Pestalotiopsis species associated with Podocarpaceae in China, a new species Pestalotiopsis yunnanensis was isolated from Podocarpus macrophyllus in Kunming, southwestern China. This new species produced pycnidium-like conidiamata in cultu ...