Jump to Main Content
- Erastova, Daria A.; Okun, Mikhail V.; Fiore-Donno, Anna Maria; Novozhilov, Yuri K.; Schnittler, Martin
- Mycological progress 2013 v.12 no.3 pp. 599-608
- Physarales, etc ; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; Show all 4 Subjects
- ... The coprophilous myxomycete Kelleromyxa fimicola (Dearn. & Bisby) Eliasson was first described in 1929 as Licea fimicola Dearn. & Bisby. Based on the superficial resemblance of its sporocarps to those of Licea biforis, the species was placed within the Liceales, an order assigned by molecular phylogenies to the bright-spored clade of myxomycetes. However, detailed studies of the morphology and lif ...
- Hoppe, T.; Kutschera, U.
- Mycological progress 2014 v.13 no.1 pp. 189-192
- Physarales, etc ; chromosome number; data collection; fruiting bodies; haploidy; phylogeny; spores; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Myxomycetes are also called plasmodial slime molds, due to one of their characteristic features, the occurrence of the plasmodium. However, most of the distinguishing characters of the five orders currently recognised are based on the morphology of fruiting bodies and spores. Although a few myxomycetes have become widely used model organisms for genetic and cytological studies, complete informatio ...