Jump to Main Content
- Midgley, David J.; Rosewarne, Carly P.; Greenfield, Paul; Li, Dongmei; Vockler, Cassandra J.; Hitchcock, Catherine J.; Sawyer, Nicole A.; Brett, Robyn; Edwards, Jacqueline; Pitt, John I.; Tran-Dinh, Nai
- Mycorrhiza 2016 v.26 no.4 pp. 345-352
- mycorrhizal fungi; enzymes; bioinformatics; phylogeny; carbon; genes; new genus; biogeochemical cycles; Hymenoscyphus ericae; starch; internal transcribed spacers; mycorrhizae; new species; carboxymethylcellulose; metabolism; xylan; pectins; cellobiose; hyphae; tannins; heathlands; Australia
- ... This paper describes a novel species of ericoid mycorrhizal fungus from Australia, Cairneyella variabilis, Midgley and Tran-Dinh, gen. nov. sp. nov. The genome of C. variabilis was sequenced and a draft genome assembled. The draft genome of C. variabilis is 52.4 Mbp in length, and to our knowledge, this is the first study to present a genome of an ericoid mycorrhizal fungus from the southern hemis ...
- Daghino, Stefania; Martino, Elena; Perotto, Silvia
- Mycorrhiza 2016 v.26 no.4 pp. 263-274
- DNA repair; Ericaceae; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; acid soils; antioxidants; ecotypes; enzymes; genes; genetic transformation; genomics; heavy metals; heterologous gene expression; metal tolerance; mycorrhizae; mycorrhizal fungi; plant protection; proteomics; symbionts; toxicity; transcriptomics; transporters; yeasts
- ... Ericoid mycorrhizal plants dominate in harsh environments where nutrient-poor, acidic soil conditions result in a higher availability of potentially toxic metals. Although metal-tolerant plant species and ecotypes are known in the Ericaceae, metal tolerance in these plants has been mainly attributed to their association with ericoid mycorrhizal fungi. The mechanisms underlying plant protection by ...