Jump to Main Content
- Daghino, Stefania; Martino, Elena; Perotto, Silvia
- Mycorrhiza 2016 v.26 no.4 pp. 263-274
- DNA repair; Ericaceae; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; acid soils; antioxidants; ecotypes; enzymes; genes; genetic transformation; genomics; heavy metals; heterologous gene expression; metal tolerance; mycorrhizae; mycorrhizal fungi; plant protection; proteomics; symbionts; toxicity; transcriptomics; transporters; yeasts
- ... Ericoid mycorrhizal plants dominate in harsh environments where nutrient-poor, acidic soil conditions result in a higher availability of potentially toxic metals. Although metal-tolerant plant species and ecotypes are known in the Ericaceae, metal tolerance in these plants has been mainly attributed to their association with ericoid mycorrhizal fungi. The mechanisms underlying plant protection by ...
- Zhang, Xin; Wu, Songlin; Ren, Baihui; Chen, Baodong
- Mycorrhiza 2016 v.26 no.4 pp. 299-309
- Rhizophagus irregularis; aerobic conditions; arsenic; cacodylic acid; diet; mycorrhizae; rice; risk; toxicity; water management
- ... A pot experiment was carried out to investigate the effects of water management and mycorrhizal inoculation on arsenic (As) uptake by two rice varieties, the As-resistant BRRI dhan 47 (B47) and As-sensitive BRRI dhan 29 (B29). Grain As concentration of B47 plants was significantly lower than that of B29, and grain As concentration of B47 was higher under flooding conditions than that under aerobic ...