Jump to Main Content
- He, Fei; Zhang, Haoqiang; Tang, Ming
- Mycorrhiza 2016 v.26 no.4 pp. 311-323
- Rhizophagus irregularis; Robinia pseudoacacia; amino acid sequences; aquaporins; biomass; complementary DNA; drought tolerance; electrolytes; gene expression; genes; host plants; leaves; mycorrhizal fungi; photosynthesis; phylogeny; physiological response; plant tissues; roots; seedlings; soil inoculation; soil water; stomatal conductance; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae; water stress
- ... The influence of arbuscular mycorrhiza (AM) and drought stress on aquaporin (AQP) gene expression, water status, and photosynthesis was investigated in black locust (Robinia pseudoacacia L.). Seedlings were grown in potted soil inoculated without or with the AM fungus Rhizophagus irregularis, under well-watered and drought stress conditions. Six full-length AQP complementary DNAs (cDNAs) were isol ...
- Pepe, Alessandra; Giovannetti, Manuela; Sbrana, Cristiana
- Mycorrhiza 2016 v.26 no.4 pp. 325-332
- Glomus mosseae; foraging; genotype; host plants; hyphae; mycelium; mycorrhizae; mycorrhizal fungi; nutrients; roots; soil; symbionts
- ... Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) live in symbiosis with most plant species and produce underground extraradical hyphal networks functional in the uptake and translocation of mineral nutrients from the soil to host plants. This work investigated whether fungal genotype can affect patterns of interconnections and structural traits of extraradical mycelium (ERM), by comparing three Glomeraceae spec ...