Jump to Main Content
- Butler, Ruth Catherine, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Mycorrhiza 2014 v.24 no.7 pp. 511-523
- tree growth; mulching; Lactarius deliciosus; grasses; mycorrhizae; orchards; monitoring; Pinus radiata; root systems; seedlings; branching; trees; planting; mushrooms; bark mulches; fruiting bodies; New Zealand
- ... The cultivation of Lactarius deliciosus (saffron milk cap) in New Zealand began in 2002 when fruiting bodies were produced in an Otago plantation of Pinus radiata seedlings artificially mycorrhized by L. deliciosus. In 2007, 42 P. radiata seedlings mycorrhized by L. deliciosus under controlled conditions were planted in a grass field at Plant and Food Research (Lincoln, Canterbury). The effects of ...
- Butler, Ruth, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Mycorrhiza 2013 v.23 no.2 pp. 87-98
- Corylus avellana; Quercus robur; Tuber brumale; Tuber melanosporum; mycorrhizae; planting; trees; truffles; New Zealand
- ... This study compiles the results from an examination of mycorrhizae on root samples from Tuber melanosporum truffières in New Zealand. Samples were taken over 5 years from 328 trees in 43 truffières established with nursery-inoculated trees. Mycorrhizae were analysed using a combination of morphological and molecular techniques, focusing on the identification of Tuber species. Results show that 49% ...