Jump to Main Content
- Srinivasa Rao, M.; Manimanjari, D.; Rama Rao, C. A.; Maheswari, M.
- National Academy science letters 2015 v.38 no.6 pp. 465-468
- Spodoptera litura; adults; climate change; insect pests; models; moths; peanuts; pheromone traps; population dynamics; prediction; temperature; tobacco; India
- ... The present study predicted a pest scenario of pheromone trap catch of adults of tobacco caterpillar, Spodoptera litura. The relationship between temperature and adult pheromone trap catch was quantified using historical insect pest data obtained from respective locations and these models were adopted to predict the future pest scenarios during three decadal periods of ‘near future’ (NF-2021-2050) ...
- Lenka, Sangeeta; Lenka, N. K.; Singh, R. C.; Manna, M. C.; Misra, A. K.; Rautaray, S. K.
- National Academy science letters 2015 v.38 no.6 pp. 461-464
- Vertisols; carbon; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; cropping systems; magnesium; no-tillage; reduced tillage; soil depth; India
- ... Conservation tillage as part of conservation agriculture is regarded as a potential mitigation strategy to enhance the sink for atmospheric carbon in agriculture. Though, conservation tillage has been tested for its efficacy in other parts of the globe, very few information exists with regard to its C sink potential in Indian context, particularly for Vertisols of central India. Therefore, the pre ...