Jump to Main Content
- Valerio, Francesca; Masi, Marco; Cimmino, Alessio; Moeini, Seyed Arash; Lavermicocca, Paola; Evidente, Antonio
- Natural product research 2018 v.32 no.13 pp. 1605-1610
- Aspergillus niger; Penicillium roquefortii; biodegradability; biofilm; biopesticides; financial economics; food packaging; fungi; human health; metabolites; microbial growth; minimum inhibitory concentration
- ... Moulds food infestation is a heavy dangerous problem for human health and also could generate heavy economic losses. The intelligent packaging using eco-friendly biodegradable biofilm incorporating bioactive natural safe compounds represents a new frontier. This manuscript reports the inhibitory activity of 12 bacterial, fungal and plant metabolites against Penicillium roqueforti and Aspergillus n ...
- Masi, Marco; Moeini, Seyed Arash; Boari, Angela; Cimmino, Alessio; Vurro, Maurizio; Evidente, Antonio
- Natural product research 2018 v.32 no.13 pp. 1611-1615
- Castanea; Phoma; biopesticides; biopolymers; chalcone; culture filtrates; fermentation; food packaging; fungi; high performance liquid chromatography; microbial culture; phytotoxicity
- ... Cavoxin is a tetrasubstituted phytotoxic chalcone and cavoxone is the corresponding chroman-4-one, both produced in vitro by Phoma cava, a fungus isolated from chestnut. Cavoxin showed biofungicide potential against fungal species responsible for food moulding. Therefore, cavoxin has potential to be incorporated into biopolymer to generate ‘intelligent food packaging’. To reach this objective, lar ...