Jump to Main Content
- Rigano, Daniela; Marrelli, Mariangela; Formisano, Carmen; Menichini, Francesco; Senatore, Felice; Bruno, Maurizio; Conforti, Filomena
- Natural product research 2017 v.31 no.4 pp. 436-444
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Ballota nigra; antioxidant activity; breast neoplasms; chemical composition; cytotoxicity; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hepatoma; human cell lines; humans; inhibitory concentration 50; neoplasm cells; oils; phytopharmaceuticals; sesquiterpenoids
- ... Three Ballota species, Ballota undulata , Ballota saxatilis and Ballota nigra ssp. foetida , were investigated for their cytotoxicity against two human cancer cells, hepatoma HepG2 cell line and breast cancer MCF-7 cell line, and for their antioxidant activity. The chemical composition of essential oils was studied by GC and GC–MS. Sesquiterpenes were the main constituents. The most antiproliferat ...
- Raola, Vamshi Krishna; Chakraborty, Kajal
- Natural product research 2017 v.31 no.4 pp. 418-427
- inhibitory concentration 50; sesquiterpenoids; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; methanol; Rhizophora mucronata; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; triterpenoids; prostaglandin synthase; mass spectrometry; antioxidant activity
- ... Two new biogenic prenylated terpenoids were isolated from the methanol extract of Rhizophora mucronata. The extended C ₂₀ sesquiterpenoid with prenylated guaiane framework was characterised as (4 E , 8 Z)-3, 3a, 6, 7-tetrahydro-3, 9-dimethyl-5-(6-methylheptan-2-yl) cycloocta[b]furan-2-(9aH)-one (1). (35 E)-1,2,3,5,6,6-icosahydro-4,4,8b,10,14,17,20,20-octamethylpicen-3-yl-34,35-dimethyloct-31-enoat ...