Jump to Main Content
- Nazaruk, Jolanta; Orlikowski, Przemysław
- Natural product research 2016 v.30 no.4 pp. 373-385
- Viscum album; active ingredients; anti-inflammatory activity; antioxidants; apoptosis; arthritis; blood pressure; cytotoxicity; flavonoids; harvest date; hypertension; lectins; manufacturing; medicine; phenolic acids; phenylpropanoids; phytosterols; polysaccharides; sedatives; shrubs; trees; triterpenoids
- ... Viscum album L., the European mistletoe, is a common species from the Viscaceae family. This evergreen hemiparasitic shrub grows on various trees and contains diverse, biologically active substances. Its chemical composition may vary depending on the time of harvest, species of the host tree and the manufacturing process. Among well-described and most active phytochemicals identified in V. album a ...
- Aksoy, Halil; Sancar, Mesut; Sen, Ali; Okuyan, Betul; Bitis, Leyla; Uras, Fikriye; Akakin, Dilek; Cevik, Ozge; Kultur, Sukran; İzzettin, Fikret Vehbi
- Natural product research 2016 v.30 no.4 pp. 452-455
- Cotinus coggygria; catalase; ethanol; excision; glutathione; granulation tissue; histopathology; hydroxyproline; leaves; malondialdehyde; rats; superoxide dismutase; tissue repair
- ... The aim of this study is to determine the cutaneous wound healing effects of the ethanol extract of Cotinus coggygria leaves in rats by excision wound model to provide scientific evidence for the traditional use of C. coggygria Scop. The levels of malondialdehyde, catalase, superoxide dismutase, glutathione and hydroxyproline were investigated in wound tissues. Histopathological examination was al ...