Jump to Main Content
- Long, J.A.; Moan, E.I.; Medford, J.I.; Barton, M.K.
- Nature 1996 v.379 no.6560 pp. 66-69
- Arabidopsis; genes; gene expression; embryogenesis; apical meristems; sequence analysis; proteins
- ... The KNOTTED class of plant genes encodes homeodomain proteins. These genes have been found in all plant species where they have been sought and, where examined, show expression patterns that suggest they play an important role shoot meristem function. Until now, all mutant phenotypes associated with these genes have been due to gain-of-function mutations, making it difficult to deduce their wild-t ...
- Cullings, K.W.; Szaro, T.M.; Bruns, T.D.
- Nature 1996 v.379 no.6560 pp. 63-66
- ectomycorrhizae; Rhizopogon; Ericaceae; phylogeny; epiphytes
- ... Monotropes (Monotropoideae, Ericaceae) are achlorophyllous, epiparasitic plants that receive all of their fixed carbon from green plants through a common ectomycorrhizal association rather than by a direct parasitic connection. Using molecular identification methods we show that some monotropes are highly specific in their fungal associations and at least one species, Pterospora andromedea, is spe ...