Jump to Main Content
- Albuquerque, A.C.; Pereira, K.C.A.; Cunha, F.M.; Veiga, A.F.S.L.; Athayde, A.C.R.; Lima, E.A.L.A.
- Neotropical entomology 2005 v.34 no.4 pp. 585-591
- Metarhizium anisopliae; entomopathogenic fungi; biological control agents; genetic variation; conidia; pathogenicity; bioassays; Nasutitermes; insect pests; mortality; biological control
- ... The action of Metarhizium anisopliae var. anisopliae and Metarhizium anisopliae var. acridum on the mound termite Nasutitermes coxipoensis (Holmgren) and the conidia production on dead insects were studied in laboratory. Infective doses were determined through direct contact of the insects with the fungi cultures with 12 days of growth followed by conidia quantification in Neubauer camera. The dos ...
- Barreto, M.R.; Guimaraes, C.T.; Teixeira, F.F.; Paiva, E.; Valicente, F.H.
- Neotropical entomology 2005 v.34 no.1 pp. 67-75
- Baculoviridae; biological control agents; genetic distance; genetic polymorphism; genetic variation; biological control; insect control; Spodoptera frugiperda; moths; insect pests; plant pests; larvae; mortality; larval development; pupal development; duration; lethal dose 50; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique
- ... The total of 22 Baculovirus isolates surveyed in different corn producing regions in Brazil were used against fall armyworm, Spodoptera frugiperda (J.E. Smith). The viruses were purified and their suspensions were used to feed fall armyworm larvae from 4th and 5th instar. The mortality rate was checked daily and the infected larvae were frost after death, what generally occurred between the 5th an ...