Jump to Main Content
- Barreto, M.R.; Guimaraes, C.T.; Teixeira, F.F.; Paiva, E.; Valicente, F.H.
- Neotropical entomology 2005 v.34 no.1 pp. 67-75
- Baculoviridae; biological control agents; genetic distance; genetic polymorphism; genetic variation; biological control; insect control; Spodoptera frugiperda; moths; insect pests; plant pests; larvae; mortality; larval development; pupal development; duration; lethal dose 50; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique
- ... The total of 22 Baculovirus isolates surveyed in different corn producing regions in Brazil were used against fall armyworm, Spodoptera frugiperda (J.E. Smith). The viruses were purified and their suspensions were used to feed fall armyworm larvae from 4th and 5th instar. The mortality rate was checked daily and the infected larvae were frost after death, what generally occurred between the 5th an ...
- Neves, P.M.O.J.; Hirose, E.
- Neotropical entomology 2005 v.34 no.1 pp. 77-82
- Beauveria bassiana; entomopathogenic fungi; virulence; provenance; biological control agents; fungal spores; sporulation; insect control; biological control; integrated pest management; Hypothenemus hampei; insect pests; plant pests; mortality
- ... Hypothenemus hampei (Ferrari) (Coffee Berry Borer) is one of the most important coffee pests. Its control is carried out mainly using synthetic chemical products, which contaminate the environment, food and farmers. The entomopathogenic fungus Beauveria bassiana is a natural enemy of coffee berry borer and presents potential for biological control. With the objective to select strains of B. bassia ...