Jump to Main Content
- Castellano, Michael A; Beever, Ross E; Trappe, James M
- New Zealand journal of botany 2012 v.50 no.4 pp. 423-433
- Nothofagus menziesii, etc ; Elaphomyces; Kunzea; Leptospermum; fungi; New Zealand; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Four species of the sequestrate fungal genus Elaphomyces are reported from New Zealand: Elaphomyces bollardii sp. nov. associated with Leptospermum spp. and Kunzea ericoides, E. luteicrustus sp. nov. associated with Nothofagus menziesii, E. putridus sp. nov. associated with Nothofagus spp., and an unnamed species associated with Nothofagus spp. ...
- Sanhueza, C; Bascunan-Godoy, L; Corcuera, LJ; Turnbull, MH
- New Zealand journal of botany 2013 v.51 no.2 pp. 88-103
- Nothofagus menziesii, etc ; Nothofagus solandri; cytochrome-c oxidase; drought; drought tolerance; drying; isotope fractionation; leaves; oxygen; photosynthesis; protein content; saplings; temperature; water stress; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Nothofagus solandri is regarded as more tolerant to drought than Nothofagus menziesii in the field. However, the physiology of responses to water limitation in these species is not well understood. In this study, the thermal sensitivity of leaf respiration and its underlying metabolism in response to drought were investigated in mature trees and saplings. Respiration (Rd) and photosynthesis (Aₘₐₓ) ...