Jump to Main Content
- Shaw, SD; Skerratt, LF; Kleinpaste, R; Daglish, L; Bishop, PJ
- New Zealand journal of zoology 2012 v.39 no.1 pp. 47-56
- Amphipoda; Collembola; Formicidae; Isopoda; bycatch; developmental orthopedic disease; diet; frogs; mites; parasitic wasps; pitfall traps; snails; stomach; New Zealand
- ... Diets for captive amphibians are often inadequate and lead to poor health. To determine the natural diet of two New Zealand frog species, we analysed the stomach contents of 16 Archey's frogs (Leiopelma archeyi) from the Moehau Range of the Coromandel Peninsula and nine Hochstetter's frogs (Leiopelma hochstetteri) from the Moehau Range of the Coromandel Peninsula, the Hunua Ranges and Maungatautar ...
- Francis, RIC; Sagar, PM
- New Zealand journal of zoology 2012 v.39 no.1 pp. 3-17
- adults; breeding; bycatch; data collection; juveniles; models; monitoring; population growth; risk; seabirds; survival rate; viability
- ... Many albatross populations are declining and a major cause is believed to be incidental mortality from fishing. We investigated the effect of fishing on southern Buller's albatross Thalassarche bulleri bulleri, using a new approach to seabird population modelling that allows estimation of demographic parameters from multiple data types. Three types of data were used: a 60-year set of mark–recaptur ...