Jump to Main Content
- Griffiths, KJ; Ridler, AL; Heuer, C; Corner-Thomas, RA; Kenyon, PR
- New Zealand veterinary journal 2018 v.66 no.6 pp. 290-296
- body condition; body weight; conceptus; ewes; farms; fetus; lactation; lambs; livestock and meat industry; pregnancy diagnosis; risk; udders; New Zealand
- ... Firstly, to investigate associations between liveweight and body condition score (BCS) of two-tooth ewes (18-months-old at breeding) at breeding, pregnancy diagnosis (PD) and pre-lambing and the risk of being dry at docking, on commercial New Zealand sheep farms. Secondly, to investigate the association between previous reproductive outcomes as ewe lambs, and risk of being dry at docking as two-to ...
- Combs, MD; Edwards, SH; Scherpenhuizen, JM; Narayan, EJ; Kessell, AE; Piltz, J; Raidal, SR; Ramsay, J; Quinn, JC
- New Zealand veterinary journal 2018 v.66 no.6 pp. 281-289
- Lolium perenne; ataxia (disorder); blood sampling; body weight; cortisol; electric potential difference; electromyography; ergotamine; gait; histopathology; lambs; males; metabolites; models; necropsy; neurons; pathophysiology; poisoning; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); therapeutics
- ... To develop a clinical model of perennial ryegrass toxicosis (PRGT) based on feeding a known dose of lolitrem B and ergotamine, and to produce a consistent clinical presentation for assessment of disease pathophysiology, neurological changes and neurohistopathology. Male lambs, aged between 10–12 months, were randomly assigned to either Treatment (n=9) or Control (n=9) groups. Lambs in the Treatmen ...