Jump to Main Content
- Casella, Sergio, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- New biotechnology 2013 v.30 pp. 675-684
- agricultural soils; carbon; community structure; denitrification; denitrifying microorganisms; farming systems; genes; microbial activity; microbial communities; nitrates; nitric oxide; nitrite reductase; nitrites; nitrogen content; riparian buffers; soil depth; soil microorganisms; vegetation; water flow
- ... Soil microbial community composition and activity could be affected by suitable manipulation of the environment they live in. If correctly applied such an approach could become a very effective way to remediate excess of chemicals. The concentration of nitrogen, especially nitrate deriving from agricultural managements, is generally found to increase in water flow. Therefore, by forcing the water ...
- Casella, Sergio, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- New biotechnology 2013 v.30 pp. 629-634
- 3-hydroxybutyric acid; Hydrogenophaga pseudoflava; biosynthesis; carbon; cheese whey; crystal structure; dairy industry; fermentation; lactose; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; physical properties; polyhydroxyalkanoates; raw materials; sucrose; thermoplastics; whey
- ... In the present paper we report the exclusive microbial preparation of polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA) containing 3-hydroxybutyrate (3HB), 3-hydroxyvalerate (3HV) and 4-hydroxybutyrate (4HB) as comonomers through the use of unexpensive carbon sources such as whey from dairy industry. Polymers were produced by growing H. pseudoflava DSM 1034 in minimal medium supplemented with sucrose, lactose or whey w ...