Jump to Main Content
- Keyser, Tara L.; Loftis, David L.
- New forests 2015 v.46 no.3 pp. 449-464
- hardwood forests, etc ; Acer rubrum; Aesculus flava; Betula lenta; Halesia tetraptera; Oxydendrum arboreum; Quercus alba; Quercus coccinea; Quercus rubra; Quercus velutina; Tilia americana var. heterophylla; basal area; growing season; hardwood; highlands; models; probability; shelterwood systems; site index; sprouting; trees; Appalachian region; North Carolina; Tennessee; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Models that quantify the probability of stump sprouting P(s) and sprout characteristics for predominant tree species in the southern Appalachian Mountains, USA are lacking. In this study, 375 plots (0.01 ha) were installed across five stands in eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Trees ≥3.8 cm diameter at 1.37 m above groundline (dbh) were tagged, and dbh and species recorded. Stands wer ...
- Pietrzykowski, Marcin; Socha, Jarosław; van Doorn, Natalie S.
- New forests 2015 v.46 no.2 pp. 247-266
- hardwood forests, etc ; Pinus sylvestris; base saturation; bioactive properties; calcium; clay; exchangeable cations; forest management; lignite; magnesium; mining; nitrogen; nutrient content; parent rock; phosphorus; planning; potassium; sand; site index; sodium; soil organic carbon; soil sampling; soil texture; statistical models; sulfur; tree growth; trees; Central European region; Poland; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... The aim of this work was to assess Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris L.) growth response and potential productivity on various reclaimed mine soils (RMS) developed on dominant parent rock in Poland (Central Europe). The study was conducted on four afforested post-mining sites after lignite, hard coal, sand and sulphur mining extraction. Site index (SI) was modeled as a function of the top height of a p ...