Jump to Main Content
- Fulton, Shelby A.; Dodd, Luke E.
- Northeastern naturalist 2018 v.25 no.3 pp. N24
- Myotis; acoustics; forests; habitats; hibernation; national parks; Kentucky
- ... We characterized patterns of bat activity outside primary hibernacula of Myotis bats at Mammoth Cave National Park on the days preceding, concurrent with, and following the total solar eclipse which occurred on 21 August 2017. Additionally, we documented nightly patterns of bat activity for hydric habitats and forest corridors across Kentucky during a 7-d period encompassing the eclipse. Our resul ...
- Krzton-Presson, Amy; Davis, Brett; Raper, Kirk; Hitz, Katlyn; Mecklin, Christopher; Whiteman, Howard
- Northeastern naturalist 2018 v.25 no.3 pp. 418-436
- North Americans; Phragmites australis; biogeochemical cycles; body size; ecological function; environmental impact; fish; food webs; frogs; habitat conservation; herbicides; hydrochemistry; invasive species; monitoring; stable isotopes; streams; turtles; wetland plants; wetlands; wildlife; wildlife management; Kentucky
- ... Effective management of wetlands often involves the suppression of invasive species, and understanding the ecological consequences of management efforts is an important goal. A non-native strain of Phragmites australis (Common Reed; hereafter Phragmites) is aggressively invading North American wetlands, and the species has been shown to alter hydrology and impact aquatic organisms. Clear Creek Wil ...