Jump to Main Content
- Tiwari, Athena; Rachlin, Joseph W.
- Northeastern naturalist 2018 v.25 no.3 pp. 460-478
- Abies balsamea; Ephemeroptera; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; chlorides; environmental impact; forests; nutrients; nymphs; regression analysis; roads; runoff; streams; trees; Adirondacks
- ... We collected water samples from upstream and downstream sites over 3 years on 18 study streams in the Adirondacks, NY, and conducted analysis via ANOVA for the presence of road-salt runoff, as measured by chloride ion content. Streams crossed by state roads received more road-salt runoff than streams crossed by county roads, as shown by higher mean chloride loads across different sampling years (P ...
- Haines, Dustin F.; Aylward, Jason A.; Frey, Serita D.; Stinson, Kristina A.
- Northeastern naturalist 2018 v.25 no.3 pp. 399-417
- Alliaria petiolata; forests; geographical variation; indigenous species; introduced species; invasive species; landscapes; pH; plant communities; seedlings; soil quality; soil water; trees
- ... The impacts of invasive species on native plant communities are often studied on small spatial scales but may vary across regionally heterogeneous landscapes. Comparisons of vegetation across several similar sites with and without an invasive species present can be logistically challenging but highly informative to both scientists and land managers. We examined regional geographic variation in the ...