Jump to Main Content
- Franklin, Thomas W.; Dysthe, Joseph C.; Rubenson, Erika S.; Carim, Kellie J.; Olden, Julian D.; McKelvey, Kevin S.; Young, Michael K.; Schwartz, Michael K.
- Northwest science 2018 v.92 no.2 pp. 149-157
- Micropterus dolomieu; Micropterus salmoides; Oncorhynchus; bass; ecosystems; environmental impact; financial economics; genetic similarity; indigenous species; mitochondrial DNA; monitoring; sampling; secondary transmission; sport fishing; streams; surveys; Western United States
- ... The smallmouth bass (Micropterus dolomieu) is a cool-water fish species native to central North America. Widespread introductions and secondary spread outside of its historical range have led to new recreational fisheries and associated economic benefits in western United States, but have also resulted in a number of ecological impacts to recipient ecosystems, including threats to Pacific salmon. ...
- Barfoot, Craig A.; Evarts, Les A.; Lukacs, Paul M.
- Northwest science 2018 v.92 no.2 pp. 92-106
- Esox lucius; Micropterus dolomieu; Oncorhynchus; Salmo trutta; dams (hydrology); fish; fish communities; game fish; rivers; Montana
- ... We studied long-term trends in catches per unit effort (CPUE; fish h⁻¹) of four sport fish taxa in the Flathead River, Montana, following changes in hydroelectric operations at the Sliš Ksanka Qisp Project (SKQP; formerly Kerr Dam). Prior to 1997 SKQP operations caused frequent, unnatural flow fluctuations. In 1997 the dam was changed from a power-peaking and load-following facility to a base-load ...